Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WHY WON'T YOU GET THIS OFF ME? -- LIVING LIFE FIGHTING FIBROMYALGIA

"WHY WON'T YOU GET THIS OFF ME"
"LIVING LIFE FIGHTING FIBROMYALGIA"
written by Kathy Todd

Fibromyalgia
http://fmaware.org/site/PageServerded3.html?pagename=fibromyalgia


Symptoms of Fibromyalgia
http://fmaware.org/site/PageServerb3b4.html?pagename=fibromyalgia_symptoms

Cause of Fibromyalgia
http://fmaware.org/site/PageServer06af.html?pagename=fibromyalgia_causes

Diagnosis of Fibromyalgia
http://fmaware.org/site/PageServerda3b.html?pagename=fibromyalgia_diagnosed
Fibromyalgia Fact Sheet
http://fmaware.org/site/PageServerc145.html?pagename=fibromyalgia_fmFactSheet

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fibromylagia is a non-contagious Rheumatoid/Rheumatic Syndrome that has no known cause or no known cure. It is widespread severe bodily pain with tender points in back of the head, neck, shoulders, elbows, back, hips, knees and can involve muscle pain without inflamation. In other words, all over the entire body inside and out. Extreme fatigue goes along with it as well as depression and cognitive problems. The syndrome sends people who suffer with it into what doctors have come to call Fibro-flares. It is a overall painful and literally sickening daily experience. Some days I even feel like I have flu-like symptoms that involve a low grade fever and cold sweats. During a Fibro-flare, there is not one moment that there is not some level of pain all through my body. Alot of the times it is almost unbearable. The depression comes when I can't do the things I like and need to do. Sometimes, the pain is so bad, I can literally feel my heart beat throbbing in my legs and arms along with an internal burning sensation. Loud talking and sudden loud noises will send pain through my spine and into my head and when that happens, I can literally hear my heart beat in my ears. Sometimes feels like my brain could start oosing out of my nose and ears. I suffer with cognitive disfunctions --- known as Fibro-fog -- that include dizziness, confusion, forgetfulness etc.... And the extreme fatigue is a problem all in it's own. Regardless of how much sleep I get, it is NEVER enough. The medication I take definitely doesn't help with the fatigue, it makes it worse.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well I have explained my Living Life Fighting Fibromyalgia --- now let's look at this Biblically.

In John 11:1-45 tells the story when Jesus raised Lazarus from physical death back to life.

Now a certain man was sick, named Lazarus, of Bethany, the town of Mary and her sister Martha.
(It was that Mary which anointed the Lord with ointment, and wiped his feet with her hair, whose brother Lazarus was sick.)
Therefore his sisters went unto him, saying, Lord, behold, he whom thou lovest is sick.
When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.
Now Jesus loved Martha, and her sister, and Lazarus.
When he had heard therefore that he was sick, he stayed two days still in the same place where he was.
Then after that saith he to his disciples, Let us go to unto Judaea again.
His disciples say unto him, Master, the Jews of late sought to stone thee; and goest thou thou thither again?
Jesus answered, Are there not twelve hours in the day? If any man walk in the day, he stumbleth not, because he seeth the light of this world.
But if man walk in the night, he stumbleth, because there is no light in him.
These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well.
Howbeit Jesus spake of his actual death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in natural sleep.
Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.
And I am glad for your sakes that I was not there, to the intent ye may believe; nevertheless let us go unto him.
Then said Thomas, which is called Didymus(twin), unto his fellowdisciples, Let us also go, that we may die with him.
Then when Jesus came, he found that he had lain in the grave fours days already.
Now Bethany was night unto Jerusalem, about 1.75 miles off:
And many of the Jews came to Martha and Mary, to comfort them, about their brother's death.
Then Martha, as soon as she heard that Jesus was coming, went and met him: but Mary sat still in the house.
Then said Martha unto Jesus, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother would not have died.
But I know, that even now, whatsoever thou wilt ask of God, God will give it to thee.
Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise to life again.
Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?
She saith unto him, Yea, Lord: I believe that thou art the Christ, the Son of God, which should come into the world.
And when she had so said, she went her way, and callled Mary her sister secretly, saying, The Master is come, and calleth for thee.
As soon as she heard that, she arose quickly, and came unto him.
Now Jesus was not yet come into the town, but was in that place where Martha met him.
The Jews then which were with her in the house, and comforted her, when they saw Mary, that she rose up in a hurry and went out, followed her, saying, She goeth unto the grave to weep there.
Then when Mary was come where Jesus was, and saw him, she fell down at his feet, saying unto him, Lord, if thou hadst been here, my brother had not died.
When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was deeply moved,
And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.
Jesus wept.
Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!
And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?
Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.
Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.
Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the Glory of God?
Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come out.
And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.
**Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him.***
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following poem I wrote from a clearer, more clarified, perspective that God gave me Sunday, 9/18/2011 when I cried out to him at the alter with this question, "Why Won't You Get This Off Me?" God answered that question and gave me the answer. Though the extreme pain and fatigue is a real as God Almighty!, I find it joyful that God will use my story for his Glory. Please be encouraged, uplifted and full of Faith as you read this and God's will be unfolded!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------



"God's reply to my question I took to him at the altar"

When a fibro-flare hits me, it's extreme pain!
So bad sometimes it about drives me in-sane.

It's a daily struggle, the pain does not subside.
Makes me want to crawl in a hole and hide.

Hide from my daily duties and responsiblilty.
So I don't have to deal with the mis-understood humility.

Most people look at it and label it as depression.
But I stand against that claim with aggression!

Yes, I get depressed because of the widespread pain.
Trying to explain it until today had no gain.

I am normally a very happy and cheerful person.
But when fibro-flares come against me, there is a question.

Why God won't you get this off of me?
His reply, "You have tremendous faith that others will see.

I will heal you sweet child when the time is right.
It will cause others to believe and have clear sight.

They will feel and see my Glory.
As you hold on and share your story.

I promise I will use this for the good of woman and man.
So sweet child, please be patient if you can.

I know you can't keep bearing this alone.
That's why my hand is on you with every pain groan.

You have tremendous faith in my ability to heal.
Jesus was sent to seal that deal.

Just keep on going and holding his hand.
My Holy Spirit will deliver you from this, with no pain you will stand."

After hearing God speak this into my spirit.
That Sunday when I cried at the altar for him to clarify it.

Clarify, Why Won't You Get This Off Me?!
I know now he'll use this for other's to see!

There are some among me that does not believe.
They go through the motions with only one thing to achieve.

A life changing experience, they will fall to their knees in admiration.
Of God's glory and his power, they'll believe and ask for salvation!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

God still heals and delivers. If you suffer from Fibromyalgia or know someone that does, share this with them. If they believe in Jesus, there may be people in their path that God wants to use their story, their testimony, to come to Jesus! Take care and God Bless!!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog! I never really understood Fibermyalgia, but I had a boss at one time that suffered from it. I would forget sometimes and reach out to touch her and she would back away and ask me not to do that. I felt so bad for her cause everyone wants to be touched and it scared her if you even got close to her. I'll pray for your deliverance from this terrible sickness, and keep spreading the info i know it will help others to understand!

    ReplyDelete